Thursday, March 22, 2012

Charles Eubanks - 10-Minute Challenge

Can I still count this as a ten-minute drawing if I spent half an hour cobbling together a camera rig out of an old boom mic stand, and another several hours transcoding and uploading video?  Yes?  Okay, then here you go...



Anthdrawlogy - 10-Minute Challenge (short version) from Charles Eubanks on Vimeo.

Video 1: a 10X sped-up version.  I recommend you play some crazy-fast music while you watch it.


Anthdrawlogy - 10-Minute Challenge (long version) from Charles Eubanks on Vimeo.

Video 2: the long version, complete with intermittent mumbling on my part.  Only watch if you have absolutely nothing better to do.

5 comments:

Adam Heine said...

Very cool. Maybe I'll cobble together a camera rig next time we do this.

Peter Hong said...

sweet! i love the playful shapes on this unicorn! and, wow, you hold your pencil like they taught in art classes, not choking a handwriting grip, like me. :P

Jaqai said...

Yeah, I'm with Peter. Way to go mr fancy pants.

Watching you draw is fascinating. You are so intentional - so careful. I'm like a wild banshee with lines flying all over the place.

Also, and I don't know if this was because you were recording, or if you somehow brilliantly had the camera rig attached to your table, but you never rotated your piece of paper. Pretty zany.

K. Marie Criddle said...

UNICORN!!

Ahem...

I absolutely LOVE watching the drawing process for different artists. And as Jaqai noted, the lack of twisting and turning of the paper was noted and awed at. Heck, I twist and turn the TABLET when on the computer. Kudos!

This is so cute, by the way. I love the enthusiastic hoofing going on. :D

Charles Eubanks said...

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I guess I don't really rotate my paper much. Never really thought about it!