Monday, February 29, 2016

Charles Eubanks - Back Burner

This is Claire.  She's the main character of a picture book I've been working on, on and off (mostly off) for ages now.  The whole manuscript is written, but I keep getting overwhelmed at the idea of illustrating it.  I actually picked this topic to force myself to do something on this project.  Take that, procrastination!  HA!

Also, huge shout-out to Kyle Webster's Photoshop brushes.  I used his animation pencil for this piece.  Closest thing to a real pencil I've found for PS.  Like buddah.  (Butter, that is.  Not Buddha.  Although this brush does feel like nirvana...)

3 comments:

Adam Heine said...

Wow, that is a great brush. I wouldn't have known this wasn't pencil unless you said something.

K. Marie Criddle said...

Aww, she's adorable!! I LOVE the hair. And way to go, bringing out some old projects! I totally condone picking topics that have some ulterior motives.

And yes, I agree, VERY good brushes! I should really upgrade from my 2006 version of Painter, but I'm not ready to climb the learning curve to learn yet another interface...

Peter Hong said...

i totally thought you used a regular pencil, too! she's really cute and unique, charles. quirky characteristics, and distinguished in her humanity.