Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Topic for June 2016

So hopefully we're all ready and hyped up for this month's topic and I probably should have cleared it with the relevant parties but...here we go anyways! As some of you may know (and I just learned this because what is facebook) Adam Heine is the author of a now published and honest-to-goodness out in the world BOOK! Cue muppet flailing: YAAAAYYY! To celebrate this, I've chosen as this month's topic...and I hope this is okay, Adam...

IZANAMI'S CHOICE!


That's right, we're going for full on fanart up in this here house. Here's the summary via amazon:


Samurai Vs. Robots. Progress. Murder. Choice. In 1901, the Meiji Restoration has abolished the old ways and ushered in a cybernetic revolution. Androids integrate into society at all levels, following their programming for the betterment of every citizen, as servants, bodyguards, and bureaucrats. Jinzou are the future. Japan is at the threshold of a new tomorrow! As a ronin steeped in the old ways, Itaru wants nothing more to do with the artificial creations posing as human. But when a jinzou is suspected of murder, he's pulled into a mystery that could tear the nation apart. Malfunction or free will? When is a machine more than just a machine?

Also, other excerpts and Izanami thoughts can be found at Adam's website...AI! Samurai! Japan! Turn of the century aesthetics! What is not to love, SERIOUSLY? I'm so excited to get my hands on a copy. In the meantime, Adam, you don't HAVE to post anything because you wrote the thing, but I personally would love to see any sketches that went into the world. 

Congratulations, Adam!!

5 comments:

Adam Heine said...

Ha ha! Cool! Yeah, this is totally okay with me. And I will be drawing something for this. I just need to figure out what....

K. Marie Criddle said...

Who's up next for topic? :) :) :)

Charles Eubanks said...

Oh man, totally my fault! Sorry, guys! It's supposed to be me, but how about if I pass to you, Marie?

I had big ideas for the Izanami's Choice topic, and really wanted to do it up right for Adam. But so much other stuff has come up that I'm finding it hard to keep up with Anthdrawlogy, even at the slower pace. I don't want to hold you guys up, so please continue! I'll jump in when I can, I promise!

K. Marie Criddle said...

Of course, no worries! You do what you do when you can, there's no pressure whatsoever. :) I'll post for August and then pass it on to Adam, if that's okay? Hope you guys are having a good summer!

Charles Eubanks said...

Sounds great! Go for it, Marie! :)