Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Adam Heine - Year in Review #2

I looked and looked, but apparently I haven't drawn anything outside of Anthdrawlogy (which, really, was the whole point of me joining in the first place).

I had a hard time picking a favorite. I probably put the most time into the chess board, though the space marine was where I really started taking basic shading seriously. Then again, the Avenger pigeons (drawn while my 10-year-old was in the hospital) always makes me smile. So does my apologetic AT-AT.

But I think my favorite piece this year was the fan art I drew for Scott Westerfeld:


I mean, come on, I got to draw a kraken. (The fact that Scott later tweeted and blogged my fan art was pretty cool too).

4 comments:

Peter Hong said...

yeah, man. this one was so sweet! there were a lot of other ones i really liked, too! for instance, the mech and chicken little.

K. Marie Criddle said...

Oh, wow, I remember this one. AMAZING. And I just clicked through all your links, remembering each one fondly. Nice year, Adam!

And yes, Scott Westerfeld blogging this one makes it just THAT much more amazing. Now I think i need to go reread the series...

Adam Heine said...

The mech and chicken little was on my short list too. At the least, it wins my award for First Artistic Use of a Sharpy :-)

Charles Eubanks said...

This is a really great choice! I still think it's one of your strongest value drawings to date. Great mix of lights and darks. And congrats for all the recognition you've gotten for it! Well deserved.